Oak Lake allows boating as follows:
- Boats with motors of 10 HP
or less are permitted to operate as usual
- Boats with motors exceeding a horsepower rating of
10HP are permitted to operate at idle speed or at a speed that does not create a wake
utilizing a motor designated as a jet drive motor are not permitted
Four launch ramps
provide access to the lake.
An 18-hole course is found at the park. Equipment rental is not available. No fee is charged to play.
The lake is well known for its catches of largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill
and catfish. A valid Ohio fishing license is required.
Hunting is permitted in designated areas
of the park and in the adjacent Wayne National Forest and wildlife areas. A valid Ohio hunting license is required.
Picnic areas are located in scenic areas of the park and offer tables and
A 500-foot public swimming beach offers enjoyment for swimmers and sunbathers. A bathhouse, showers, and changing
booths are available and the beach features volleyball courts. Swimming is permitted during daylight hours only. Swim at your
own risk. Pets are NOT permitted on swimming beaches.
The beach is Carry In Carry Out. No trash cans are provided. Bring trash bags with you.
7 Hiking Trails:
- Lakeview - 3.5 Miles - Moderate/Difficult
- Ravine - 1.5 Miles - Easy/Moderate
- Chipmunk - 0.40 Miles - Easy
- Red Fox - 0.7 Miles - Easy
- Buckeye Loop - 3 Miles - Moderate
Trail - 1 Mile - Easy
- Tanager Trail - 1/2 Mile - Moderate
3 Bridle Trails:
- Bridle/Backpacking - 7 Miles - Moderate
- Red Trail - 7.5 Miles - Moderate
- Blue Trail - 3.9 Miles - Moderate
The Backpack Trail winds around the lake shore and offers primitive campsites and drinking water at several locations
along the route. Portion of the 18-mile backpack trail mesh with the Buckeye Trail. Parking and the trailhead are located at the park office
Under the proper conditions,
park visitors can enjoy sledding, ice skating, and ice fishing.